If you’re new to the studio, or new to dancing altogether, we’re happy you’re here and looking for more information.
* Portland Dance Center has classes for students aged 3 and up in many styles: ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, modern, lyrical, acro, musical theatre, and breakdance. If you’re looking to dance, we’ve got you covered! Not sure which style is right for your dancer? Read through our Class Descriptions to see which style fits your needs.
* We keep our class sizes as small as possible, so dancers can get as much private attention as possible. Many of our classes have student assistants as well, to allow even more personalized instruction.
* We have 2 full-size studios, and 2 smaller studios used for small classes, private lessons, and stretching and conditioning. This allows our schedule to be flexible, and for students to be able to get as much out of what the studio offers as possible.
* We do our best to provide observation for as many of our classes as possible. If observation is important to you, make sure you check the Class Schedule to see which classes have this option. Please note, we have 3 weeks throughout the year where in-class observation is available – our Parent Watch Weeks.
* We have classes and programs for all levels and abilities. We have classes for students who dance just 1-2 hours for fun, for students who are wanting to grow in multiple styles by dancing 3-5 hours per week, and programs for students who are interested in advanced training in either ballet, hip hop, or competitive dance. Talk to us about your student’s goals, and we’ll get them on the right path.
* We’re proud to offer performance opportunities year-round for our dancers. Throughout the year, we try to set up as many small community event performances as possible, including at a Portland Trailblazers game each year, opening up opportunities for our dancers to gain confidence and to express themselves. We also have a Holiday performance each December leading into winter break, as well as our big end of year recital each June, in which dancers get to experience the joy of performing on stage with costumes, props, lights, and surprises. Our ballet and modern dance programs perform 2 story ballets each year; The Nutcracker each December, as well as a larger production in June. Our performance companies perform throughout the region at dance competitions, and represent our studio at other various community events.
Check out our Class Schedule, and learn about our excellent Teachers.
Read about our Rates and Policies.
Interested in our Ballet Program, or a Performance Company?
Stop into the studio, or Contact Us to answer any of your questions. We’re excited to hear from you!
Portland Dance Center offers safe and convenient class registration online using the Jackrabbit Dance Studio Management Software. Simply use this link to begin registration now.